All parents, staff, students, and interested community members are cordially invited to attend.
This is a good way for parents to stay in touch with what is going on in school.
For more information, please contact Noelia Martinez.
What is SAC?
- The State mandates that every school has a SAC.
- The SAC determines what the goals for the school are and writes a School Improvement Plan (SIP).
- They also make recommendations to the principal as to how to spend school improvement money.
- The money must be used to reach the SAC goals.
State and District Requirements
The SAC must have similar demographics as the school and include the following representation:
- Principal (1)
- SAC Chair (1)
- Teachers (2)
- School Personnel (2)
- Community Representative (1)
- Business Representative (1)
- Parents (2)
- At least 51% of the SAC must be non-employees of Lehigh Acres Middle School.
- 60% of the school population is made up of minority students.
- The SAC must be within 15% of that figure.
- Minority representation must be between 45% to 75%